Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mexicali

This is a recipe my mom used to make when we had an abundance of zucchini but I still enjoy making it all year long. It is very versatile and you can change what veggies or meat you use. This is the original recipe. Sorry I don't have a picture to show how yummy it looks!

I typically don't measure so this is just estimated.

Ingredients:
1lb ground beef (venison)
1/4c diced onions
1/2tbl minced garlic
2-3c zucchini sliced
1 can diced tomatoes (I have used fresh when in season)
1 c corn kernels
chili powder
olive oil

Brown beef in a skillet. Remove from pan and set aside. Add olive oil to skillet, sauté onions and garlic till almost tender. Add in zucchini and sauté till fork till zucchini begins to soften. Add diced tomatoes, beef, and corn. Add chili powder till liking (I like it to have a bit of a kick). Let cook till zucchini is fork tender.

I serve it over brown rice. It is also great as leftovers. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment